Wednesday 24 March 2010

I decided to make a book on the theme of 'Britishness'.For some reason I have a weird fascination with the gritty bits of Britain.The book turned out quite nicely...small and square.... Working on a square shaped canvas was a challenge as for some reason my work lends itself to long and thin.Although I was happy with the overall book...there were illustrations inside I'd like to change.So might come back to those at some point.Because the project was so short it was important to have a certain number of pages to format the book which meant I had to work in a slightly different style to normal.Therefore I kept the illustrations simple and played with empty space.These are a few initial ideas I had...the final images turned out quite different.



Possible Ideas for cover...